Today I will tell you a very easy way to do Sirsasana Yoga as well as its spiritual benefits. Sirsasana pose is one of my favorites yoga poses. Because, while practicing this asana you have to stand on your head, so it is also called a Headstand. It is also called the king of yoga asana and most people are also familiar with it.
But what I will tell you about Sirsasana today, you may not know. I will describe you to do it in three different ways, which will make it much easier for you.
What precautions should be kept in mind while doing Sirsasana?
See the headstand comes in tough asanas but the way I will tell you how to do it is very easy but still, you must take the following precautions: –
- Before doing this, do at least 4-5 asanas so that the body becomes warm.
- Initially practice by standing someone close so that your neck and backbone or vein does not get hurt by falling.
- If a person has any cardiovascular disease or is suffering from any disease of the eyes, ears, nose, and throat, do not practice a Headstand pose.
- Initially do this only for 5-10 seconds. Then gradually increase the time.
- You should only do this for 10 minutes at the most.
- Especially new learners do not do Headstand for more than 10 minutes.
- Do not stress more than your physical ability.
Asanas to be Done Before Sirsasana Yoga
- Plank Pose
- Fish Pose
- Boat Pose
- Raised Leg Pose
- Bow Pose
Easy Technique to do Headstand – Do this asana in 3 steps.
This is the first phase of Sirsasana which is very easy. You will be able to do it easily, just as I have said, it has to be done.
- Fold four of a blanket or thick towel so that it becomes a cushion.
- The height and width of the cushion should be such that your arms and head fall on it.
- Bend your knees and lean on the cushion.
- Now, with the fingers of both hands stuck in each other, put them on the cushion to the elbows.
- Keep a distance of a little more than the shoulders in the elbows.
- Now put the front of the head on the cushion and support the head with both hands.
- You have to balance the head with the elbows, so the elbows should be fixed in the right position.
- Now, bring the knees towards the chest as much as possible, while touching the back, touch the front part of the foot from the ground.
- In this situation, raising your feet while balancing yourself.
- Practice a few days of standing on the head in the same position by bending the knees from the ankles to the buttocks.
Second Technique –
When you become proficient in the first phase of the Sirsasana (Headstand), then only you come to the second stage. It is also very easy to do. You just don’t have to panic and do it with full confidence and determination.
- When you have the practice of stopping in this position, then straighten yourself to your knees.
- The heels will remain with the buttocks.
- Practice for a few days to stay in the same position.
- If you do not have someone to help you, practice along the wall.
- When your balance starts on the elbows and head, do away with the wall.
Third Technique –
In order to make the third step easy, practice the second phase for at least 2 weeks.
- Now straighten your leg.
- Your body should remain upright and there is no tension in the legs so that blood circulation remains equal.
- As long as you can easily stand on your head, slowly increase the practice.
- In the same way, after coming back, slowly come back in three steps. Do not fall down with a jerk.
- After doing the asana, stand 1/2 minute and then lie down in the shavasan for at least 2 minutes.
- With this, blood circulation and veins will come to their natural state.
Which posture should be done after Headstand?
These questions are often asked by many people and the answer available on the Internet is not correct. See, no one should do any asana after the Headstand because by doing this our Sushumna pulse becomes active. And when this pulse is active, only meditation is done and not any posture.
Immediately after performing this asana, you should stand up so that the blood circulation in the body which went upwards towards the head becomes normal. You stood for at least 1/2 minute and after that sit in meditation and meditate for some time.
After meditating, you lie down directly or you can also lie on the right side. Follow this method after headstand, it will benefit you more.
Benefits of Sirsasana Yoga
There are physical and mental benefits of Headstand pose but it has many more spiritual benefits. As I have already told that by doing this, the basic bond is naturally formed, which makes the Sushumna pulse active. And having the Sushumna pulse active helps a lot in meditating. Therefore, it has a lot of importance in yoga.
- There is no body part that is not affected by this asana.
- The head power increases the all-around power of the body.
- It is specially designed to increase brain development and mental strength.
- Helps to increase spirit.
- This posture provides power to all the organs like the nervous system, blood circulation, muscles, digestive system, reproductive organs, respiratory, heart, etc.
- In yoga, it is said to keep old age away and live a healthy life.
- Hernia, hemorrhoids, etc. could be cured by this asana.
In addition, you may also learn more about yoga asana by joining 500 hour Yoga Teacher Training in Rishikesh, India.
Can head hair be regrown with a Headstand?
Easy way to do Sirsasana leads to a good amount of blood scalp. With this, the hair can be grown faster on the face. But those who are completely bald will not have hair. Yes, the hair of those who are alive may come back.
What is the best time to do Headstand?
The best time to do any yoga is in the morning. Wake up in the morning and practice yoga as you retire from routine work. Sirsasana is a very useful asana for strength enhancement in the body and for spiritual progress.
Can Headstand be done daily?
Yes, you can do Headstand daily. But take care of time a little. If you do not want to go into household life then you can do Headstand even for 30 minutes. If you are a householder, I would advise you to do Headstand only for 2-8 minutes.
Along with this, If you keep a desire to in-depth your knowledge about yoga asana, so you could become a part of Yoga Teacher Training in Rishikesh, India.