Reviews and recommendations are unbiased and products are independently selected. Postmedia may earn an affiliate commission from purchases made through links on this page.
Amazon Prime Day is two-day sales event that’s popular all over the world. Unfortunately, last year Canada didn’t get a Prime Day due to impacts of the pandemic. But good news, the event is set to make a comeback this summer.
When: There’s no exact date confirmed yet, but historically, we’ve seen Prime Day land during mid-July.
What to expect: If it’s anything like the previous ones, the annual two-day event will roll out the red carpet for Prime members to enjoy deep discounts on holiday must-haves across toys, electronics, fashion, beauty, kitchen, home and Amazon devices.
Why: Treat yourself or stock up on everything from apparel to tech for others. Huge savings mean you get more, regardless of who you shop for.
Tap into the shopping event to rip through your holiday gift list for so much less and sit back and relax when others are looking to get their shopping done.
Support the innovators and artisans with big ideas
Selling in Amazon’s stores has allowed smaller companies to share their wares. And those home-grown entrepreneurs from coast-to-coast are conveniently gathered in the storefronts making it easier for shoppers to support locals.
We expect those smalls and medium-sized businesses will be a big part of Prime Day this year.
Not a Prime member yet? Anyone can join or eligible customers can start a 30-day free trial to participate in Prime Day.
Best sellers in prior Prime Days: includes everything under the categories of ‘trending’ and ‘top brands,’ and picks from electronics, bedding, arts and crafts, nutrition and wellness and global bestsellers like the Echo Dot, Fire TV Stick, iRobot Roomba robot vacuum and Lego Star Wars Stormtrooper Helmet.
Some 2020 global Prime Day highlights
- Echo Dot was the most popular item purchased on Prime Day globally
- Companies building devices with Alexa built-in had a record Prime Day with Bose QuietComfort 35 (Series II) Wireless Headphones and Fitbit Versa 2 Health and Fitness Smartwatch among top-sellers
- Customers purchased millions of Alexa compatible devices
- Customers bought more Fire TV Edition Smart TVs than during previous Prime Day events
- Top-selling deals in Canada included, LifeStraw Personal Water Filter, Govee LED Light Strip compatible with Alexa, All Natural Advice Anti-Aging Vitamin C Serum, Instant Pot Duo Nova and Donut Shop Variety Box Keurig K-Cup Pods
Amazon Prime just got better for Canadian shoppers. Find out how.
Selena Gomez collabs with the internet’s favourite pan, the Always Pan
Best hand-held, cordless vacuum to tackle pet hair
The Shopping Essentials is a new category that features highly-researched products, new and exciting launches or behind-the-scenes info — learn more. All prices are accurate on the day of publication.